Whether you're buying for yourself or as a gift for somebody else - getting the right size is important. I understand how tricky it can be to 'guess' at sizes for online purchases - so I've put together some handy information to help you. To determine your size for bangles, bracelets and necklaces refer to the graphics below.
For bracelets please choose your actual wrist size - measuring against a bracelet that you already have is the best way to find this, alternatively you can do the following:
- Measure around the wrist at the wrist bone. Choose a place where you would normally wear a bracelet. To take the measurement, use a bracelet gauge, a ribbon measuring tape or even a strip of paper and a ruler.
- To use the strip of paper, mark where the end of the bracelet needs to be and then measure the paper with a ruler. No matter the method, the measurement is the wrist size.Increase the wrist measurement in the following increments to determine the bracelet size for how you want the bracelet to fit.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 inch for a snug fit.
- Add 3/4 to 1 inch for a comfortable fit.
- Add about 1-1/4 inch for a loose fit.
For bangles use the following:
- Hold your hand as if you were putting on a bangle (bring all of your fingers together with your thumb and little finger touching).
- Measure across your knuckles at the widest point with a tape measure or a strip of paper. Be sure to pull the paper or tape measure snug against your skin. Mark the paper with a pen and measure it with a ruler. This measurement is the circumference of your hand.
- Use the following chart to determine the diameter of your hand, based on the circumference. After determining the diameter, choose a bangle that’s at least 1/4" (0.5cm) larger in diameter than the diameter measurement of your hand:
- Measure around the wrist choosing the place where you want your cuff to sit. To take the measurement use a ribbon measuring tape or even a strip of paper and a ruler.
- Let me know the measurement and I will reduce the size accordingly to ensure that your cuff fits.
I send the majority of my pendants with an 18" chain (unless otherwise specified in the item listing).
However if you would like a different size please refer to the chart on the right for a rough size guide.